Saturday, May 28, 2016

Looking for Opportunity

1. Gas prices keep rising
Driving around has made me realize that gas prices are increasing weekly. At the beginning of the year, gas, in Miami was about two dollars. Now, the price is about $2.39 per gallon. After having been so cheap, I think now consumers are beginning to really believe that it is a really unstable market. This therefore leads to opportunities in the eco-friendly automobile industry or an increase in bus taking. Bus taking in Miami, as previously mentioned in my blog, is a problem. Therefore, this can lead to an expansion in opportunity to talk to the county in rearranging the bus system. People without cars will likely benefit with opportunity or those with low budgets that can't afford electric/hybrid cars.

2. Boycotting of transgenders

Several states, such as North Carolina have proposed an anti transgender law. The problem mainly arises from people in the state not wanting transgenders to use whatever bathrooms they feel comfortable with. Here lies an opportunity for a social movement. I believe that the people in the states with the anti-transgender law, people throughout the nation, and worldwide could benefit from this opportunity. Young adults are likely to be the ones to participate in such movement.


3. Infrastructure in the United States is taking its toll

On a recent CNN article, it was estimated that about 60,000 bridges need maintenance. The opportunity arises in educating people which are the bridges that need repairs and perhaps building a business that can serve this U.S need.

4. House selling is increasing among the nation

This creates a positive outlook for those looking into the Real Estate business.  The economy, although still weak, seems to be growing. This in turn, indicates that people are perhaps more comfortable in making larger investments such as buying a house.

5 comments:

  1. I think you chose four very interesting topics to consider. The topic about infrastructure definitely is an opportunity for job creation that can positively impact our economy. With regards to the transgender opportunity you mentioned, I am not really sure how this can be seen as an opportunity. If people are opposing a transgender law, this is seen as a setback for the transgender community, not as an opportunity for them. Additionally, if gas prices are rising, people with low budgets that cannot afford electric cars will be suffering not benefiting from the opportunity. Instead, the electric car industries and bus systems will be benefiting due to increased purchases and usage. Overall, very interesting points, but I believe you can expand on them further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://kseq11.blogspot.com/2016/05/my-solutions.html (solutions)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, after reading your posts, I'm not sure I got as much as I had hoped for. Your topics have the potential to be very interesting. For instance, I drive about 10 hours every other weekend, and gas rates are extremely important to me. I think an opportunity here, however, lies outside of those requiring gas consumption. I believe an opportunity here lies within the technological fields of electricity and companies providing alternatives to gas.

    So yes, that was interesting, but your other articles seem to be lacking much specificity! My family has a lot of interest in real estate, so it is always a big topic to see how things are changing there, and I think you could've found a lot more information to touch base on. However, with that in mind, I look forward to what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very informative articles. Living down in South Florida, though I have never taken the public bus, I do wonder if the rise in gas prices is going to make a difference in how many cars on the road when it comes to commuting. I guess I should also pay attention to how often I see certain gas-guzzling vehicles on the road and whether they start to disappear or not. The situation with transgenders and bathrooms has been another rising topic throughout the nation. While I am not completely focused on the daily discussions, I do keep an ear out for what is going on. I also find it interesting as to how many bridges across America that need maintenance. Being in the traveling season, many cars will be driving across the country, and we would hope that no tragedy happens due to infrastructure negligence. Finally, it is also a good thing to hear that the house selling rate is growing, which is giving a sign of the American economy growing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I love having cheap gas, it's insane how short sighted people are, and purchases of larger and less efficient cars immediately rose by a significant amount as soon as gas prices dropped. We need a strong and sustained push for new, better transportation technology, and people always go with what's cheapest today even when it's the wrong choice and costs more in the long run, so I'm glad to see prices rising again.

    ReplyDelete