Sunday, May 29, 2016

My Solutions

1) Rising Gas Prices

Gas Prices are largely determined by supply and demand. If consumers were to buy electric cars then gas prices will probably decrease. Tesla has released their patents in making a more fuel efficient car. With an app or an educational program, one can educate the public to move away from gas. In Miami, a better public transportation could be useful for this too, signing petitions to get the county to pay attention to this problem.

2) Transgender inequalities

There should be a nation wide campaign to educate people on the transgender process and eliminate discrimination. Just as there were campaigns for African Americans to gain equality, transgenders and any other human should have this right.

3) Infrastructure failure

An app can be developed to advise people which bridges in the nation need maintenance. This can serve as a safety measure as well a potential adviser for traffic if renovation is taking place.

4) More houses are being sold

An app can serve this opportunity. People can specify what they want in a house and the app can then link them to a realtor. The app may provide information on how to negotiate a contract with the bank as well.

3 comments:

  1. Karen, I'm not sure you completely understood the assignment. Your solution was supposed to be reflective of your opportunity hypothesis ( I don't see a blog post for this research) that you expanded on, alongside the interviews you were supposed to conduct to provide further details. I'd speak to our TA to have him assist you in any help! I look forward to reading your opportunity, and hope I could be of help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are completely right, I totally misread the assignment. Procrastination is bad. Thank you for letting me know!

      Delete
  2. Hey Karen, Like Josephine stated, this assignment was meant for you to come up with a solution to the problem of, miami transportation that you mentioned earlier!

    ReplyDelete