Dolé
Living in Miami, I thought it would be fun to combine Hispanic slang words. I combined "dale," meaning either okay, yes, or let's go and "olé," which means let's go. These words are basically synonymous, therefore when I used it and told people what it meant they, at first looked at me strange, but then understood the concept. Around my friends and family, it become more of an inside joke than anything. The NBA finals just finished, and I was rooting for the Warriors. When the Warriors lost, my cousin called me saying something along the lines of "Cavs won, DOLÉ." Not only did I find it funny that the word is now a thing, but it helped to remind me to complete this blog post.
Thank you for your post Karen, it is really funny to see that you decided to combine two languages to create a word. I am Hispanic so I understand both word and can see how they both go together. I am glad to see that your family and friends understood what you were trying to say and repeated it. It is quite interesting to see that after a few times of using a unique word others begin to follow.
ReplyDelete