Sunday, June 19, 2016

Halfway Reflection No.1

This class have definitely proven to be different than any other class I have encountered. Checking up on course material regularly is a must because one has to schedule assignments throughout the week according to what they may require. Interviews, for instance, may need more than one day; there are some days where finding people to talk to is difficult. When people reject to talk to you, almost always I feel like giving up. However, this must be overcame because the assignment has to get done and it s training oneself for the future. Once I do get people to talk to me, even if it is not the 10 to 15 minutes that Professor Pryor desires, it gives me a sense of accomplishment, because it means I am getting there. 

3 tips: 

-Maintain perseverance
-Memorize questions you might want answered in interviews
-The more you put yourself out there, the better off you'l be

4 comments:

  1. Ent3003 has definitely been a unique class in its structure and the skills it aims to teach. It can be difficult and uncomfortable to find people to interview but there is no doubt that such practice improves a persons speaking and social skill, which can be instrumental for a successful entrepreneur. If you truly believe in your product and prepare before each interview, they should feel more and more fluid and natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post Karen, I completely agree with you that this class can be quite challenging specially when we need to do interviews.For my interviews I tend to write the questions in a small piece of paper if not I forget what I am supposed to question people about. I have notice that I get quite nervous when I begin to record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you said memorize questioned you might want answered in interviews. If you do this, you will always be prepared for any interview. This also means that at any point in the day, a simple conversation can become an interview because you are already prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a lot of the other posts I am reading I am noticing we all have problems with the interviewing portion of this class. I do believe this is a very good way to get public opinion about your idea but it also seems to be looked at negatively by this class. I see a lot of us wanting to “give up” of course we don’t because we’re gators… But perhaps the TA’s and professor could somehow find a different, or more enjoyable way to get public opinion? A showcase for our ideas or something?

    ReplyDelete