Saturday, July 30, 2016

Reading Reflection No.3


The general theme of Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck, was that one should acquire a growth mindset. The book focuses on the struggle people face between a fixed and a growth mindset. A fixed mindset is one in which people believe that they cannot change certain aspects of themselves. A growth mindset is described as having the ability to recognize that although one is not the best a certain task, one can become better at it. The book connected with this course because being an entrepreneur is about growing from one's mistakes. An entrepreneur needs to be able to take his or her abilities and recognize that it can the abilities can become better, they are not fixed. For example, at first, I believed I was terrible at interviewing people, but throughout the course I found myself getting better at it. An exercise based on this book would be to have students do a reflection on how they feel they have grown throughout the course and compare what they initially had as a fixed mindset versus what they have as a growth mindset. I did not expect to realize my own fixed and growth mindsets. The book made me think as to why I believe some aspects of  my mindset are fixed while other tend to lean heavily on the growth mindset.  

No comments:

Post a Comment