Friday, July 8, 2016

Idea Napkin No.2

1) Me

I believe that in order to make HUSH successful, I need to be passionate for educating people on human trafficking. Based on my other blog posts, I believe that I have demonstrated how much this topic means to me. If this business were to take off, and it will, it will play a major role in my life. Making HUSH happen, would mean opening the eyes of many and promoting change worldwide. It is a lot of responsibility but someone needs to do it.  

2) What am I offering to it to?

I do not think my customers are to be set apart demographically. Human trafficking affects every race, ethnicity and gender. However, I do believe that women, due to being more vulnerable at times, will benefit from the education more than males. The customers of this organization are all, or mostly, under-educated on the topic of human trafficking.


3) Who am I offering customers?

I am offering customers an opportunity to reevaluate their safety. Human trafficking is a multi billion dollar industry, one that needs to be stopped. Although, everyone knows it exists, everyone does not the the extent to which it exists.

4) Why do they care?

Customers care because it is something wrong that is occurring in society. This is a topic that is and has been flying under the radar for years. It is time to expose the truth and make it a big deal.

5) What are my core competencies?

This is something that strive in doing. I want to educate people on the effects of human trafficking. I am passionate about this topic. I know the amount of responsibility and the dangers it can bring. However, it is important to educate people. We cannot keep living in ignorance. I have true passion to bring this issue to the light.



These five elements complement each other very well. Knowing that a change needs to be done is crucial in making this organization successful. Educating people is important and people react to injustices that have not been brought to light.

The feedback I have received throughout these couple of weeks consists of expanding the way I reach people. It was brought up to me in an interview that maybe I should incorporate educating children in the K-12 area. This was beneficial advice because it allows teens to be aware of these dangers, especially young girls. Most of the feedback received were positive in the sense of encouragement to keep moving forward with this movement. I also was advised on talking more about the tangibles that would be offered in order to promote the organization. This feedback was incorporated into the second idea napkin in the sense that it is creating structure to how I will go about building HUSH.

1 comment:

  1. Karen, I think you have an amazing idea! Human trafficking is definitely a subject that is overlooked and not talked about enough. You did a great job in incorporating your feedback from your first napkin into this one, educating the K-12 area would not only make more people more knowledgeable, but would teach kids at a young age about the subject.

    ReplyDelete